The history of this winery is just about 100 years and three generations old. In 1926, Anna and Franz Harkamp acquired a plot of land with an inn and one hectare of vineyards on the Flamberg in the Sausal. The winery has therefore always been closely linked to the inn, which is now run as a vineyard hotel by Heinz Harkamp. Hannes and Petra Harkamp have been in charge of the winery since 1990. The winemaking couple took over 4 hectares of vineyards at that time and expanded them over the years to 20 hectares. The vineyards are spread over excellent sites on the Kogelberg, in Oberburgstall and on the Flamberg.
Respecting nature, allowing the vine and its grapes to express their character - that is the philosophy of the Harkamps. For the winegrowing family, the path to sustainable wines begins with the omission of unnecessary interventions in the vineyard and in the cellar. Nothing is added during the winemaking process. 100 per cent of the identity and character is in each individual berry. Since 2019, all products are biodynamically certified.